ground pine

john doe nobody at nowhere.com
Tue Jul 14 06:55:09 EST 1998

>Does anyone know if there are any ground pine species that grow in warm
>climates, seems I've read of one species that lives in florida. Can anyone
>confirm this? Can it be grown in a flower garden, maybe in the shade?
>

>   Michael
OK, I think I've found what you are talking about. Check out
Diphasiastrum sp. (I got the family right, but not the genus) For what
I find in the mountains, most likely _Diphasiastrum digitatum
(Dillenius ex A. Braun) Holub_, Southern running-pine, lycopode en
éventail, the following links may speed things up:

Assuming you have a browser that can support frames, if the buttons
are colored next to a name, they will link you to different
information.

Black buttons are for distribution maps, for example:
http://www.fna.org/Libraries/plib/WWW/Pteridophytes/M26610808.gif

Yellow buttons are for illustrations, for example:
http://www.fna.org/Libraries/plib/WWW/Pteridophytes/I00003.gif

Hope this helps (and works!)