Transplanted Tree

Platinum chrismc at flash.net
Thu Jul 23 13:47:50 EST 1998

I had to move a tree this past weekend to accomodate construction in my
yard. The tree has a trunk with a diameter of about 9 inches, is roughly 20
feet tall, and has been in planted about 5 years. It is either an Ash ot
Oak, but I'm not sure.

I was careful to preserve a maximum root ball, which was dug up, and then
the tree was dragged by vehicle to its new location. I have been slowly,
carefully and thoroughly watering it ever since.

I was told yesterday to to ensure the tree's survival, I needed to top it,
(about 1/3rd off!) and strip off all the leaves. Is that correct? We have
had a brutally hot summer (Houston), but I am terrified of topping the tree.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks in advance

Chris