poisonous

C. Boake cboake at utk.edu
Thu Jul 30 09:55:36 EST 1998


> 
> On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Miles wrote:
> 
> > Nightshade is poisonous! I am not sure what it will do, but I dont want
> > to find out. We had some in our backyard and my husband knew what it was
> > right away, and we ripped it out. It is a beautiful vine, I wanted to
> > keep it, but we have kids!!The best way to tell if something is
> > poisousnous is if the berries are left on,, birds etc. will not touch
> > them.


Please don't use bird consumption of berries as a guide to poison.  Some
berries that are harmful to humans are readily consumed by birds; these
include honeysuckles, pokeweed, and poison ivy.  -- Chris



More information about the Plantbio mailing list