poisonous

Roger Whitehead rgw at office-futures.com
Thu Jul 30 11:03:36 EST 1998

In article <cboake-3007981055360001 at eco20.bio.utk.edu>, C. Boake wrote:
> Please don't use bird consumption of berries as a guide to poison.  Some
> berries that are harmful to humans are readily consumed by birds; these
> include honeysuckles, pokeweed, and poison ivy.  -- Chris

That was my initial response, too, but what Miles actually said was the
reverse. I got to thinking about his assertion and, off hand, couldn't think
of any 'healthy' fruit that birds ignore.

Regards,

Roger

Roger Whitehead,
14 Amy Road, Oxted, Surrey RH8 0PX, England
(Tel +44 (0)1883 713074; fax +44 (0)1883 716793)