Ginko

Scott McPhee hyphae at msn.com
Mon Jun 8 16:44:37 EST 1998

A University of California book titled Pests of Landscape Trees and Shrubs
lists two pests:

-Omnivorous Looper: chews leaves
-Root Knot Nematode: galls or swelling on roots

Diseases of Trees and Shrubs by Sinclair et al notes the following:

-anthracnose (caused by Glomerella)
-heart rot (caused by Oxyporus populinus)
-Pestalotiopsis (many manifestations)
-root rot (caused by Phymatotrichum omnivorum) Ginko highly susceptable
-also has low tolerance to salt
-tolerant of ozone and sulfur dioxide

I have not seen any of the following, but I also do not spend too much time
around Ginkos.

This above information brought to you by,

Scott Mcphee