DNA extraction

helen.turner at nri.org helen.turner at nri.org
Tue Jun 9 07:27:56 EST 1998

In article <6ldvjp$dbl$1 at news.tm.net.my>,
  "Dunstan Goh" <dustang at rocketmail.com> wrote:
> Could anyone please tell me any method or techiques to extract plant DNA
> from difficult plants e.g with latex like those of the family Euphorbiaceae?
A colleague used to extract from Banana leaves - she used an adaptation of hte
method described by Lodhi et al, which used a CTAB-buffer and PVP-40K
(polyvinyl pyrrolidine, 40,000K size) to mop up some of the more problematic
materials.  The PVP has to be made fresh just before use (20% w/v in water,
use about 50ul per 750ul extraction buffer).