Peppers//poison?

Annie felliniesque at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 12 12:59:16 EST 1998

Someone into alternative health//naturopathy//diet told me that people who
want a really pure diet shouldn't eat any kind of peppers- bell, jalapeno,
banana, etc. Apparently these can mess up the harmony of the body systems-
apparently, peppers are in the same family -- nightshade??-- as poisonous
plants? Is this true?

Of course, I LOVE peppers, and natural health or no, I will continue to eat
them. I'm not under the impression that peppers themselves are harmful,
just more like preservatives: you should avoid them, if you want a strict
and optimal diet...anyone have more info on the family?