African Violets

Monique Reed monique at bio.tamu.edu
Fri Jun 12 17:16:22 EST 1998

You can get pale water-damage spots on A.V. leaves if you hit them with water
that is a few degrees (about 10?) cooler or warmer than room temp.
Let your water sit for a few hours before you use it, then water from the
bottom and you won't have to worry about spills. (Probably not good to let
spilled water sit on them too long, though, if only because it sets up
favorable conditions for disease. )

Think--the silly things have got to be native somewhere (Africa) and they get
rained on, so they are fine with water, as long as it's not a temperature
shock.

M. Reed