Medinilla

Karsten Meyer meyek002 at mail.uni-mainz.de
Mon Mar 9 03:15:08 EST 1998

Hello!

You are most probably speaking of Medinilla magnifica Lindl. from
Southeast Asia.
It is one of the few Melastomataceae grown as ornamentals, and can often
be found in botanical gardens or plant shops. To propagate it, just put a
cutting (including a pair of leaves) into moist soil and keep it warm.
For more information on Melastomataceae, look at
<http://www.uni-mainz.de/FB/Biologie/Botanikspeziell/Melastomataceae/Melastome1.html>

Karsten

--
Karsten Meyer
Institute of Systematic Botany, University of Mainz