Experiences with BioRad Helios Gene Gun?

Andy Phillips andy.phillips at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue Mar 17 12:12:01 EST 1998

Hi,

We are about to buy a particle bombardment system for plant cells, for
both stable transformation and for transient expression. We will
probably buy the BioRAd PDS-1000/He system, but we are also considering
BioRad's Helios Gene Gun as well. As this doesn't require a vacuum and
is portable, it's attractive for transient expression in intact plants.

I can't find much data to suggest that the Helios is being widely used
to transform plant cells. Does anyone out there have any experience with
the Gene Gun, good or bad, to help us make a decision?

Thanks

Andy
 Email : andy.phillips at bbsrc.ac.uk  : University of Bristol
 Phone : +44-1275-549257            : IACR Long Ashton Research Station
 Fax   : +44-1275-394281            : Long Ashton, Bristol, BS18 9AF, UK
 WWW   : http://www.lars.bbsrc.ac.uk/plantsci/molbiol/molbiol.html