nitrate reductase

Angelika A. Bartoszewicz abartos at orion.it.luc.edu
Thu Mar 19 14:16:30 EST 1998

K N and P J Harris (ecoli at cix.compulink.co.uk) wrote:
: > ==========
: > bionet/plants #6028, from abartos at orion.it.luc.edu, 819 chars, 18 Feb
: 1998 16:43:55
: > ----------
: > Article: 14909 of bionet.plants
: > From: abartos at orion.it.luc.edu (Angelika A. Bartoszewicz)
: > Newsgroups: bionet.plants
: > Subject: nitrate reductase
: > Date: 18 Feb 1998 16:43:55 GMT
: >
: > Hi,
: >
: >  I'm trying to gather as much information as possible on nitrate
: > reductase activity in squash, if you can help me please email me at
: >
: >  abartos at orion.it.luc.edu
: >
: >
: >  Thank you,
: >
: >  Angelika
:  All plants that take up nitrate as a source of N must have nitrate
: reductase to get the N back to a reduced form. I have no reason to
: believe that squash is anything special.
:  Peter,
:  Reading, UK.
:

	Thanks Peter,
 But I guess I should have been more specific,
 I'm actually interested in NIP, and if there are any other kinds of NR
inhibitors. (Effects of Mg++   ??)

Thanks,
   Angelika

-