Vitamin K

john doe nobody at nowhere.com
Thu Mar 19 13:19:58 EST 1998

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998 12:42:08 -0800, Edmond Dupuis <edupuis at sckcen.be>
wrote:

>My father cannot eat vitamin K because he must take anti coagulating
>medicament. Also, am I looking for document with vitamin K concentration
>in fruit and vegetable. Could you help me to find it , please ?
>

>I tank you very much.
>

>Edmond
>
>edupuis at sckcen.be
While I cannot comment on the content of K in foods, I was always
under the impression that a good deal of K was produced by intestinal
flora, and absorbed there. If your father is indeed sensitive to K, he
would have to be on an intense antibiotic therapy to reduce this
intestinal flora to prevent the production of K there.