maize in Asia before Columbus

Yuri Kuchinsky yuku at
Sun Mar 22 11:33:28 EST 1998

Doug Weller (dweller at wrote:
: On 21 Mar 1998 16:10:07 GMT, in sci.archaeology, Yuri Kuchinsky wrote:
: [SNIP]
: >Some supporting archaeological evidence is also available.

: Something I've missed then. What is the archaeological evidence? (I
presume you : don't mean the sculpture, which I'd call artistic evidence).
: : Doug

I'm talking about an apparent imprint of maize on a pottery shard in

This is accepted as valid by the writer in the recent Indian archaeology

Yuri Kuchinsky  -=O=-  NEWLY UPDATED

It is a far, far better thing to have a firm anchor in nonsense than
to put out on the troubled seas of thought -=O=- John K. Galbraith