THE SCIENCE OF GENETIC CONTROL

Isidro Savillo intein-intron at email.msn.com
Wed Mar 25 12:37:59 EST 1998

THE SCIENCE OF GENETIC CONTROL

  When we talk and do experiments in transgenic science, gene therapy and
other methods of recombination, we are always enthralled to see a succesful
cloning or transplantion and subsequent expression of such gene(s).  And we
see that as a sign
of honor. But controlling  the expression of those  transferred genes are
not being prioritize at all.  I am not pessimistic but in case these "genes'
would become awry and produce mutations (as in the case of humans)  within
our chromosomes or with our normal flora  which would somehow lead to a
genetic epidemic , what will we do then to control this emergency.  This is
just an eye opener for biotechnologists to consider the importance of
genetic control  in levels of terminating or regulating the expression of
such gene or eliminating the existence of the whole gene itself. This would
somehow lead to a friendlier biotechnology. One which we could at least
tame.

Isidro Savillo