Q: chloroplast inverted repeats

Robert S Wallace rwallace at iastate.edu
Wed May 13 09:43:37 EST 1998

In article <35581cca.0 at newsfeed.uu.se>,
Thomas Sicheritz <thomas at beagle.bmc.uu.se> wrote:
>I'd like to learn more(everything) about the
>"Inverted repeats" of the chloroplast genomes (IRA and IRB).
>What do we know about the origin, function and mechanism
>of these repeats ? ( Why, when and how)
>Can anybody suggest reviews, articles etc. ?

Do literature searches for the following authors:

Palmer, J.D.
Sugiura, M.
Clegg, M.
DePamphlis, C.
Downie, S.

These authors have written a number of review papers which address several
of the questions you pose above.  Their literature reviews also contain
references to other relevant reviews.  Good Luck

Robert S. Wallace
Associate Professor of Botany                     "In cerevisia veritas est."
Dept. of Botany - Iowa State Univ.
Ames, Iowa 50011-1020             rwallace at iastate.edu       FAX: 515-294-1337