Micro nutrients for orchids

Jim Landers jlander2 at ix.netcom.com
Thu May 28 09:03:55 EST 1998

I'm trying to learn how to grow orchids in the home. There
is a lot of information (and opinion) on fertilizers, watering
etc.  But I have not seen a lot of hard data on the role
micro nutrients play in orchid development or a sensible
approach to making sure they get enough.  Some say
use magnesium stearate about a tbsp per gallon and
some never mention it at all.  You also hear buzz words
like "chelated iron" etc.  Would anyone care to share
their views and experiences with micronutrients in a
language this poor "brown thumb" can understand?
Thanks.   Jim