leftover Poinsetta

m&v animaux at ix.netcom.com
Sat May 30 07:08:43 EST 1998

In <356ACB7B.FF12C486 at ix.netcom.com> Vince <Vince97 at ix.netcom.com>
writes:

>What should you do to a poinsettia after x-mas to help it to flourish?
>Do you prune it, repot it or what? Any help would be greatly
appreciated

>VInce in Chicago

Prune it off by 2/3.  Put it in very bright light, east window or
southeast window.  Water, fertilize, and in the fall around Oct. 1 you
begin the photoperiod of placing the plant in total darkness each night
for a minimum of 14 hours.  Any light will delay the bract formation
one week with each light exposure.  Ask about that process when we get
closer to the fall.  Till then, you are treating this plant as any
other foliage plant.  Don't overwater or  keep too wet as it is
suseptible to crown rot.

Victoria