Wild Flower News

David Brear dbrear at wharfe.demon.co.uk
Sun Nov 1 15:38:45 EST 1998

The November edition of Wild Flower News is now available - link
below.

This month I have changed the format slightly. The three columns
are gone and there is a separate Biotech Latest page to cover the
latest news in genetically modified crops.

GM is a running item and deserves its own page; removing it also
makes the remaining pages load more quickly. It also gives
specific coverage to those people interested in GM.

The single column is, frankly, less interesting but it is undoubtedly
easier to read on screen. It also gives me more opportunity to
show tables and links are no longer split. I used to spend a lot of
time getting all three columns the same length, which is wasted
unless everyone uses my own font size defaults!

I think I will start a 'Letters to the Editor' page soon, so if anyone
wants to email comments on the News or any items, please do
so.  Use dbrear at wharfe.demon.co.uk and head your emails Wild
Flower News.

Thanks and regards to all,
David Brear