Tequila Plant

pat darwin where51 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 2 10:53:20 EST 1998

A friend brought back a Tequila plant as a gift from Arizona.  The
write-up says that the plant, a member of the Agave cactus family,
grows to enormous size and produces huge fruits used in the
manufacture of Tequila.  All through Spring and Summer it has been
thriving on the windowsill in a clay pot and has been growing steadily
with daily watering and Miracle Grow about every 3 weeks.  Now that
Winter is approaching, I am hesitant to leave it on the cold
windowsill, but moving it anywhere else would mean no direct sunlight.
We live in NJ.   Does anyone have information on the best way to care
for this unusual plant?

Thanks in advance.

ptd