rainbow plants

John Doe no.not.me at innocent.com
Sun Nov 8 09:50:30 EST 1998

On Sun, 8 Nov 1998 08:53:16 -0000, "DDUNN" <DDUNN at ASPECTS.NET> wrote:

>I read with interest about growing plants with various forms of coloured
>plastic films to convert to convert
>natural or artificial light to more plant useable radiation; ref new
>scienctist 23.10.98.
>Can anyone help with info on this subject ,especially ,where to get a sample
>of the films.
>
>david

I doubt seriously this would work. Filters remove wavelengths of
light, they don't add anything. The only way this could work is if
there were visible wavelengths of light that are harmful. Yes, some
wavelengths are more useful than others, but you are not amplifying
these by taking away others through the use of a filter. The only
other possibility is if these are "fluorescent" filters which absorb a
given, less-useful wavelength of light, and re-emit a longer,
more-useful wavelength. My guess is that standard filters re-emit
absorbed wavelengths as heat. But, then again, I did not see the
program you are referring to.