pitcher plant/nepenthes is shrivelling

annalise at my-dejanews.com annalise at my-dejanews.com
Fri Nov 20 07:29:44 EST 1998

Hi there. I have a pitcher plant (nepenthes cochina (sp?)). It has been
growing fine up until I went on holiday for 2 weeks where it was looked after
by a friend. Since I have come back, one of the pitchers started shrivelling
up. Then almost overnight, ALL the flipping pitchers shrivelled up! I moved
it up to the bathroom (gets quite humid) but no joy.

The plant itself isn't dying as it it producing new leaves (but not new
pitchers). I have always used rainwater or boiled kettle water and it has
loved this. I am assuming that it was not watered with the correct water
whilst I was away and now it is paying me back by shrivelling up!

Please help!
What shall I do?
I don't want it to die!
Kind regards,