artificial light experiment

VICKI L JONES VICTORIAJ at prodigy.net
Tue Nov 24 17:03:43 EST 1998

  I'm doing an experiment for my biology class.  I'm using artificial
light to grow bean plants.  After germination, I placed them under
clear plastic bottles using cello for the different color lights.  I
used clear, yellow, red, green and blue.   I thought that this was
also the order in fast growing to least growth; however, my experiment is
not working out this way.  All were about the same size after germination,
but my blue is growing the fastest.  This should not
be the case should it?  Could someone please tell me what order they should
be growing in and why?  I'm confused and I don't want to fail, but my
experiment seems to be distorted from what the results I thought should be.
Thanks so much,     Tiffany (9th grade)