sensory feeling

Beverly Erlebacher bae at cs.toronto.edu
Tue Nov 24 13:32:01 EST 1998

In article <73cklg$o1e$1 at supernews.com>, sam <mercutio_15 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>can anyone point me in a direction to find research and/or studies towards
>the ideas of plant sensation or feelings..i know its a rediculous concept
>since plants have not been seen to have any neural systems, but i'm still
>curious..

Well, many plants depend in touch to detect things to twine around.
Some plants (e.g. Mimosa pudica) fold up their leaves when touched
and the famous venus fly trap detects the touch of insects on sensory
hairs in order to fold up the trap and capture the insect.

>Oha and i want to shove it in the face of a vegitarian friend..
>even any moral arguments would be accepted

This is a pretty unworthy ambition.  What does it matter to you what
your friend eats or doesn't eat?  Do you usually go around looking
for things to shove in the face of your friends?