artificial light experiment

Gaylord Mink gmink at bentonrea.com
Wed Nov 25 11:58:35 EST 1998

One other aspect you need to consider.  The actual amount of light energy is
probably not the same for all colors.  Plants, particularly beans elongate
rapidly under very low light.  This is called etiolation.  If your blue bottle
blocks more overall light than the others the "faster" growth response you see
may in fact be do to etiolation.  Growth is measured in several ways, not only
elongation .  Record the appearance of the plants as well as their height.  If
the plants under the blue light tent to become very light green, even light
yellow then you are seeing g the effects of too little light, i.e. etiolation.