HELP Rubber Tree Plant

Fred Folts ffolts at tir.com
Sun Nov 29 11:40:48 EST 1998

My mother got a Rubber Tree Plant at my grandfathers funeral, (note she
has a black thumb).  anyway the thing is not doing to well and she asked

me to see what I could do.  Usually I am rather good with plants but
this one has me worried.  She lost the instruction card to it but told
me I was to clean the leaves with a rag wetted with Milk???

there is 11 stalks in a ten inch pot, I know I already need to
transplant it to a larger pot but wanted the plant to get some strength
back before I do.

I have already tried flushing the soil with running water thinking she
added to much fertilizer,  should I go ahead and transplant hoping for
the best.  If so should I break up the cluster and how many to a pot.
Any additional information will be greatly appreciated, especially this
thing with the milk

Thanks
Fred     ffolts at tir.com