Genetic engineering is a Good Thing?

Roger Whitehead rgw at office-futures.com
Fri Oct 2 13:23:24 EST 1998

In article <r7UPzCA2XKF2EwOc at upthorpe.demon.co.uk>, Oz wrote:
> There is little doubt that glyposate is particularly benign compared to
> almost all pesticides so one wins out here too.

I can imagine the Pentagon advancing similar arguments for the Neutron
Bomb: "And, Mr President, statistics show that, in aggregate, more people
die each year from small-arms fire, hand grenades and landmines than will
ever die from this device and, what's more, they don't enjoy such quick, clean
deaths. We really recommend tripling the defence budget for this wonderful new
'one application treats all' system".

8-)

Regards,

Roger

PS C'mon, fess up - are you a farmer or not?

Roger Whitehead,
14 Amy Road, Oxted, Surrey RH8 0PX, England
(Tel +44 (0)1883 713074; fax +44 (0)1883 716793)