Genetic engineering is a Good Thing?

Oz Oz at upthorpe.demon.co.uk
Fri Oct 2 14:20:11 EST 1998

In article <VA.0000162a.008c0da1 at rogersbox>, Roger Whitehead
<rgw at office-futures.com> writes

>In article <r7UPzCA2XKF2EwOc at upthorpe.demon.co.uk>, Oz wrote:
>> There is little doubt that glyposate is particularly benign compared to
>> almost all pesticides so one wins out here too.
>
>I can imagine the Pentagon advancing similar arguments for the Neutron
>Bomb: "And, Mr President, statistics show that, in aggregate, more people
>die each year from small-arms fire, hand grenades and landmines than will
>ever die from this device and, what's more, they don't enjoy such quick, clean
>deaths. We really recommend tripling the defence budget for this wonderful new
>'one application treats all' system".

OK, no sweat. If you want more pesticides on your food then buy russion
foodstuffs and cotton.

If you want less, then support rr-cropping.

If you want none then buy organic.

You have complete choice, so I guess you aren't complaining, are you?

[NB Still waiting for someone to quote a death due to properly handled
pesticides.]

--
Oz