Seek the research position in plant biology

Dmitry A. Alexandrov root at maleks.dnttm.rssi.ru
Sat Oct 3 18:48:43 EST 1998

I am a graduate of Moscow State University, Plant Science, presently
working as a lecturer in Plant Morphology & Plant Anatomy, dept. of
Biology, Moscow South-West High School.

During my lecturer's work I have prepared some materials for publication
in plant morphology (details - in CV).

I would be very glad to join your group on a temporarily basis in order
to obtain some experience and learn your methods and approaches, which
are of a great interest to me. That, to my belief, will give
considerable input to my career as a research scientist.

I would like to know if there are any opportunities to join your group
on a temporarily basis. Please find enclosed my Curriculum Vitae
concerning my position and experience. If you  need further information
or references I will be glad to furnish you with it.
Thank you very much in advance.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry A. Alexandrov.

Curriculum Vitae
Dmitry A. Alexandrov

Address
-------
Dept. of Biology,
Moscow South-West High School
Moscow, Russia
-------------------------
Pyatnitskoye r. 25-168,
Moscow - Mitino, 123430, Russia
E-mail: mitya at salus2.inmech.msu.su
-------------------------
Date of birth   June 21, 1973
-------------
Education
---------
     1995      Graduate, Chair of Higher Plants , Department of
               Biology, M.V.Lomonosov State University, Moscow.

Positions
---------
     1995      Laboratory assistant, Chair of Plant Physiology, Dept.
of Biol., MSU
     1996      Lecturer in Plant Morphology & Plant Anatomy, Dept. of
Biology, Moscow
South-West High School.

Teaching Experience
-------------------
     1. The  guiding  of  practical expeditional works in botany
(morphology and systematics) for 1st-year students of  Tver State
University (july 1993 - assistent, july 1994 - tutor)
     2. Lectures  in   Anatomy & Morphology of Higher Plants for
10th-year students of Moscow South-West High School (special  courses
for students, specialized in biology).

Research Interests
------------------
     1. Anatomy and Morphology of plants, morphogenesis.
     2. Biology of mosses and liverworts.

Research experience
-------------------
     1. Alexandrov D.A. 1994. Comparative analysis of ontogenesis of
related species
Rhumex acetosa and Rhumex thyrsiflorus.// in "Plant ecologycal
morphology successes and it's influence on the adjacent sciences" Ed.
Yelenevsky A.G., Moscow [on Russian - "Uspekhi ekologicheskoy
morphologii rasteniy i eyo vliyaniye na  smezhnye nauki."]
     2. Choob V.V., Shipunov A.B., Alexandrov D.A., and others. 1998.
Water Plants, Key for determination of macrophytes species.// in "Summer
school practice in botany - comp. Shipunov A.B., Ed. Zhmylyov P.Y.,
Moscow, Publ. MCNMO, 1998 - in press. [on Russian]
     3. Poster in Biological Pupil's Science Conference 1987 (Placed in
Moscow State Univercity)
     *. Diploma project: "Comparative anatomo-morphological analysis of
some mosses specieses fam. Polytrichaceae"
Diploma Certificate in Plant Biology,
M.V.Lomonosov Moscow State University
Dmitry A. Alexandrov

'5' - the highest mark
'+' - test passed

SUBJECT   MARK

Student project in botany    5
Systematics of Angiosperms    5
Morphology of vegetative organs    5
Morphology of reproductive organs    5
Development biology of plants    5
Plant cytology    5
Plant anatomy    4
Pollen morphology  & sporo-pollen analysis    4
Reproductive biology of Angiosperms    4
Microtechnics    +
Plant embryology    +
Bryology, Lichenology    +
Multivariate statistics in botany    +
Microevolution of plants    +
Botany (general course)    4
Angiosperms    5
Lower plants    5
Zoology (general course)    5
Prarticular zoology+
Plant physiology    5
Ecology    5
Conservation    +
Soil science    +
Genetics    5
Biochemistry    5
Cytology    5
Virology    +
Molecular biology    +
Organic chemistry    5
Microbiology    +
Student intermidiate project    4
Antropology. Anatomy    +
Human and animal physiology    +
Physiology of higher-nervous activity    +
Evolutionary theory    4
History and methodology in biology    +
Biophysics    +
Physics    5