overcoming seed dormancy

kbonnici at ivory.trentu.ca kbonnici at ivory.trentu.ca
Tue Oct 6 22:39:02 EST 1998

I'm interested in finding information on breaking seed dormancy of woody
plants of
temperate regions (s/c Ontario in particular). I've recently begun to grow
native trees, shrubs and vines from seed using traditional stratification
methods, but I've come across (limited) information on other methods (ie
gibberelins and sulfuric acid baths) which have really peaked my interest.
However, I'm not sure what source(s) to turn to now for further information.
Can anyone
reccommend any journals, books or websites? Your help would be extremely
appreciated.

TIA,

Kellie