Post-doctoral Position in Plant Physiology

Cyrille FORESTIER cforestier at cea.fr
Fri Oct 9 10:09:20 EST 1998

Post-doctoral Position in Plant Physiology
If you are currently working towards your PhD, you may qualify for a fellowship
from the French Government to conduct research in France. The Chateaubriand
Fellowship is a program offered by the Office for Science and Technology of the
Embassy of France in the United States.

In our Department of Plant Ecophysiology and Microbiology, we are looking for a
postdoctoral student to join our group.

Following on from our identification of a plant sulfonylurea receptor
(Leonhardt
N, Marin E, Vavasseur A & Forestier C, 1997, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 94:
14156-14161) and of an A. thaliana Multidrug Resistance associated Proteins
(Marin E, Leonhardt N, Vavasseur A and Forestier C (1998) Biochem. Biophys.
Acta. 1369: 7-13), we would like to characterise further ATP-Binding Cassette
proteins involved in the control of guard cell turgor and in cellular
detoxification of xenobiotics. In order to follow this project, we search for a
motivated scientist to reinforce our team and work on one of these topics:
·  the interaction between ion channels and ABC proteins in guard cells:
role of
phosphorylation and hormonal signalling (patch-clamp and biochemical
experiments)
·  the functional characterisation of plant ABC proteins by heterologous
expression in Xenopus oocyte and yeast (voltage-clamp and flux measurements).
·  Physiological regulation of AtMRP transport activity in planta and in yeast
(molecular biology, uptake measurements).

A person with experience in molecular biology will receive high consideration.
Knowledge of electrophysiology would be helpful but is not absolutely required.

If you are interested in this project or need further details, please
contact me
at the following address without delay.

Cyrille FORESTIER
CEA -  CEN Cadarache
DEVM - LBC
BP 1 - F13108 St Paul Lez Durance - FRANCE
Phone: (+33) 4-42-25-30-48
Fax : (+33) 4-42-25-23-64 or -46-56
E-Mail: cforestier at cea.fr
http://www-dsv.cea.fr/gtso/gtso_us.htm