Human based computers (Was - Fruit-based computers)

Matthias Warkus mawarkus at
Fri Oct 9 18:04:58 EST 1998

William Justice Black schrieb:
> gus <gus_goose at> wrote:
> : Larry Smithmier wrote:
> : > Tristan Wibberley wrote:
> : > > Frampton Steve R wrote:
> [...]
> : Firstly, the concept:
> : "Bio-interactive computational entity for additional analytical
> : abilities for humans" In laymans terms, a device inserted in to a human
> : which will allow previously impossible calculations to be performed
> : "internally". The concept specifies that this bio-compatible computer
> : will provide an additional support role for for the computational and
> : analytical processes of the human brain. It will not supercede the brain
> : as a processing unit. The brain will still be most important, otherwise
> : we have an andriod, not a human.
> [...]
> Honestly, I'd be happy if I just had a decent mathco ;-)

There's an SF book where humans have got mathematical coprocessors
implanted in their brain (as well as pagers etc.).
IIRC, it's _A_New_Proteus_, I don't recall the author.

mailto:mawa at | ACME Frob Coil Oil ... makes bits go faster!
My site was cracked by some obscene idiots this summer. It will go up
on another server soon. 'mawaspace' on Angelfire is not mine anymore.
Version: 3.12