Why no Acorns in UK this year?

Mike S. in FL vaxmgr at downto.earthlink.net
Fri Oct 16 13:34:41 EST 1998

Hi Judy:  I've been laboring for a while now, with a casual wonder about
that phrase you used: "a mast fruiting tree".  It's cropped up several
times and now I just have to ask, what does it mean?  Does it have
anything to do with the method/circumstances surrounding the way the
fruit stands off from the branch?  I have all my dictionaries packed in
boxes after a move and the curiosity is beginning to get to me.

Thanks for a reply (simple English (US version) please ;-)

Mike Smith in FL
--
Remove the 'downto.' for email responses.