sound effects on plants

taguebw at REMOVEwfu.edu taguebw at REMOVEwfu.edu
Tue Oct 20 12:10:43 EST 1998

In article <362CB07D.78B2 at utk.edu>, j bockman <jbockman at utk.edu> wrote:

> My daughter is doing a science project on if different types of music
> help or hinder plant growth.  We're having a hard time finding
> information on previous related studies.  If anyone out there knows of
> places, books, magazine articles, etc. that have this type of info we
> would be very greatful for your knowledge.
>
> Jan

Cutting and pasting a previous poster:

START CUT AND PASTE
I wanted to comment and emphasize again that while
there ARE responses to sound/vibration in plants to
which Scott has so well referred us, there is NO
controlled study published on the MUSICAL TASTES
or MUSIC APPRECIATION by plants in reputable journals.
Teachers, please don't send students in that direction
with their projects.  Sound YES, Music NO.  If sound,
watch out for adequate control...it is difficult to
achieve for all possible confounding variables.

ross

Ross Koning                 | koning at ecsu.ctstateu.edu
Willimantic, CT 06226 USA   | fax: 860-465-4479
END CUT AND PASTE

my 2 electrons,
Brian

--