sound effects on plants

David Brear dbrear at
Tue Oct 20 14:16:50 EST 1998

In article <362CB07D.78B2 at>, j bockman
<jbockman at> writes
>My daughter is doing a science project on if different types of music
>help or hinder plant growth.  We're having a hard time finding
>information on previous related studies.  If anyone out there knows of
>places, books, magazine articles, etc. that have this type of info we
>would be very greatful for your knowledge.

Sorry, I don't know of any info on music as such affecting plants
but you might like to take a look at the article in this month's
Wild Flower News, regarding plant sensitivities.

This is based on a longer article in New Scientist (, which is a good source of useful background info
on many science related matters. Use the search facility.

Best wishes to your daughter in her studies.

David Brear

The Wild Flower Page
 Wild Flower News