sound effects on plants

David Brear dbrear at wharfe.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 20 14:16:50 EST 1998

In article <362CB07D.78B2 at utk.edu>, j bockman
<jbockman at utk.edu> writes
>My daughter is doing a science project on if different types of music
>help or hinder plant growth.  We're having a hard time finding
>information on previous related studies.  If anyone out there knows of
>places, books, magazine articles, etc. that have this type of info we
>would be very greatful for your knowledge.
>
>Jan
Jan,

Sorry, I don't know of any info on music as such affecting plants
but you might like to take a look at the article in this month's
Wild Flower News, regarding plant sensitivities.

This is based on a longer article in New Scientist (http://www.new
scientist.com/), which is a good source of useful background info
on many science related matters. Use the search facility.

Best wishes to your daughter in her studies.

David Brear

The Wild Flower Page
http://www.wharfe.demon.co.uk/wildflwr.htm
 Wild Flower News