HELP: growing "Brassica napus oleifera" in industrial muds.

Michel Ravasio ravasio at ghislieri.telnetwork.it
Fri Oct 23 11:06:33 EST 1998

 Hello, I'm an Italian student attending the 4th year of
the Biological Sciences course at the University of Pavia.

 I'm working in a vegetal physiology lab where we're trying
to reach conclusions about some experiments we made on plant
growth in pollution conditions.

 In particular we're leading different experiments on BRASSICA
NAPUS OLEIFERA and BRASSICA CAMPESTRIS OLEIFERA, which are
growing in soils enriched whith certain industrial muds.

 We found lots of informations in the scientific literature
about "commercial" plants, the fertilizing power of that kind
of organic muds and risks related to heavy metals accumulation,
but we found almost nothing about "non-commercial" plants!

 Well, collecting informations has become MY duty... and what
I'm looking for is  the CHEMICAL COMPOSITION of the seeds of
those two (so similar) variants, and the different ANALITIC
EXTRACTIVE METHODS we can develope to understand the entity of
the seed enrichment in organic compounds while growing in those
disgusting muds.

 If anyone can help me, please contact me at the following
e-mail address: RAVASIO at GHISLIERI.TELNETWORK.IT

 Thank you very much!!!

Michel Ravasio
c/o Collegio Ghislieri
p.za Ghislieri, 5