Plants as network medium?

Oren Ben-Kiki oren at capella.co.il
Tue Sep 1 03:17:24 EST 1998

Michael J. Fair wrote in message <35E704A9.5EFFDA9C at technocage.com>...
>Hello all, at the risk of being flamed for crazy ideas I decided to ask
>the following question.
>
>Would it be possible to use plants as the transmission medium for
>networks?

Nah, too slow. Why not try for faster then light? It is a well known fact
that Kingship is transferred instantaniously (once the old king dies, the
heir _immediatly_ becomes king). Think of the potential! Of course, you'd
have to find a way to modulate the signal, and reuse the kings (we don't
have as many as we used to, after all). Research into that has not been
popular, for some reason :-)

To give credit where it is due, this is not my original idea - it was first
raised by Terry Prattchet, in one of his books. Be sure to mention him in
your Nobel prize lecture.

Have fun,

    Oren Ben-Kiki