Plants as network medium?

Tristan Wibberley twibberley at llamacom.com
Tue Sep 1 08:43:06 EST 1998

Oren Ben-Kiki wrote:

> Michael J. Fair wrote in message <35E704A9.5EFFDA9C at technocage.com>...
> >Hello all, at the risk of being flamed for crazy ideas I decided to ask
> >the following question.
> >
> >Would it be possible to use plants as the transmission medium for
> >networks?
>
> Nah, too slow. Why not try for faster then light? It is a well known fact
> that Kingship is transferred instantaniously (once the old king dies, the
> heir _immediatly_ becomes king). Think of the potential! Of course, you'd
> have to find a way to modulate the signal, and reuse the kings (we don't
> have as many as we used to, after all). Research into that has not been
> popular, for some reason :-)
>
> To give credit where it is due, this is not my original idea - it was first
> raised by Terry Prattchet, in one of his books. Be sure to mention him in
> your Nobel prize lecture.

Should we consider using pyramids and camels (the camels can chew on the
plants while they perform the calculations for photorealistic rendering
- the pyramids will let it all happen immediately by warping time, and
let a huge network take up no space by twisting reality by 90 degrees).

--
Tristan Wibberley