Plants as network medium?

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Sep 3 16:07:56 EST 1998

In article <35E704A9.5EFFDA9C at technocage.com>,
Michael J. Fair <michael at technocage.com> wrote:
| Hello all, at the risk of being flamed for crazy ideas I decided to ask
| the following question.
|
| Would it be possible to use plants as the transmission medium for
| networks?

| I am not concerned about bandwidth right now, I just want to get a
| message to "bounce" off the plant.  Heck, it doesn't even have to be a
| meaningful message, just a simple "echo" of whatever I sent.

So you want to ping your Petunias... go out with some Miracle-Gro and
set the MAC address... pollenating the router... the mind boggles.

It scares me that I spent a minute trying to think of a use for
bandwidth this low.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc
"The problem was not when we gave women the right to vote, it was when