Taxonomy help

Karsten Meyer meyek002 at
Mon Sep 7 03:12:31 EST 1998

Spathiphyllum SCHOTT., Araceae, 36 species in tropical America and Central
Malesia to Solomon Islands.
Source: DJ Mabberley, The Plant Book, Cambridge University Press 1997.

In article <6svo21$dvi$1 at>, scip7290 at (Low
Hai Sim) wrote:

> Hi,
>         Just wondering if anyone here knows the family/class/genus etc of
> Spatiphyllum.  Can't seem to find this name in some of the taxonomy
> pages.  Thought that this is the scientific name, please correct me if I
> am wrong.  Thanks a lot.
> HS Low

Karsten Meyer
Institute of Systematic Botany, University of Mainz
D-55099 Mainz, Germany
tel +49-(0)6131-39 26 24, fax +49-(0)6131-39 35 24