Lilac Questions

Karsten Meyer meyek002 at mail.uni-mainz.de
Wed Sep 9 08:25:59 EST 1998

As far as I know, lilac bushes are Tibouchina urvilleana
(Melastomataceae). They are not frost-resistent! Plant it into a bigger
pot and move the plant to a light and warm (ca. 15 °C) place. Shedding of
(inner) leaves is normal, next spring it will sprout new ones.

Karsten

In article <6t23ma$kud at newsops.execpc.com>, Kevin Buckley
<buckley at REMOVETHIS.writeme.com> wrote:

> I received a lilac bush, about 3 feet tall, three months ago.
(snip)

--
Karsten Meyer
Institute of Systematic Botany, University of Mainz