rhizogenes

victor at victoronline.com victor at VICTORONLINE.COM
Thu Sep 10 00:24:12 EST 1998

Dear experts,

I am an undergraduate working in a lab studying the parasitic plant
Triphysaria, a member of the family Scrophulariaceae. I am trying to
transform Triphysaria with Agrobacterium rhizogenes, but have so far been
unsuccessful. I cut seedlings just above the crown and dipped the cut end
in a plate containing rhizogenes strain A-4. After being transferred to
plates containing cefotaxime (0.25g/L), the plants turned brown and died.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do differently? Please
e-mail me at kjkongkadee at ucdavis.edu with any advice.

Thanks,
Kendra