Genetically engineered crops - List of sites

Louise Cooper Louise at sketchbook.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 11 13:45:07 EST 1998

In article <G7w8rHAB5Z91Ew2b at wharfe.demon.co.uk>, David Brear
<dbrear at wharfe.demon.co.uk> writes
>The list of sites known as the Public Register Index is now
>available
<snip>
Apologies to anyone who feels this is 'off-topic'.

Don't know about anyone else, but I'd like to reassure David that I, for
one, certainly don't feel that this is off-topic. Genetic engineering is
a subject that, whatever our individual views, is likely to increasingly
affect us all as gardeners in the future, and the more information we
have, as the earliest possible stage, the better.

Me? I'm going to join the HDRA, and try to do my bit for the Seed
Heritage programme. Wonder how many of the "experts" now working with
genetically engineered crops are the same people who once assured us
that Thalidomide was safe...?
--
Louise Cooper