Genetically engineered crops - List of sites

jon ward Dontbother at
Tue Sep 15 11:51:26 EST 1998

On Sat, 12 Sep 1998 14:41:58 +0100, Louise Cooper
<Louise at> wrote:

>Error on my part - what I meant was not literally "the same people" but
>"the same sort of people" - and it wasn't intended as a slight on
>scientists in general, but only a comment about a certain kind of mind-
>set that, IMHO, follows the goal of innovation at the expense of *any*
>degree of caution.

I think you're being a bit too kind Louise. There are some scientists
(or maybe 'experts') who are simply for hire. They aren't interested
in innovation, they're interested in who pays their salary. It makes
me mad when people are happy to believe these people, even when what
they're saying defies common sense.
>Whoops, Louise, that's enough - I'm going too far off topic, and I
>apologise for it.
You're quite right and maybe I should be emailing this to you
personally intead of to the whole group. But I think it is worth
nagging a bit about this kind of thing sometimes, and anyone who
doen't want to know will probably be ignoring this thread by now

jon ward
My views do not reflect those of my employer
(And their views frequently don't reflect mine)