Genetically engineered crops - List of sites

JATavender jatavender at aol.com
Mon Sep 21 15:27:16 EST 1998

if seed has already set on the plant then ploughing in simply plants the weed
seeds more efficiently. If seed has not set then the weed has been of little
value to the bird community save in nurturing the odd beetle or slug.
Round here in the vale of York I seem to notice that much of the "weedy"
set-aside suddenly suffers total herbage failure in late spring - I suspect as
a result of herbicde spraying to nail all those pesky weeds before seed can be
set to perpetrate the species. This is how annual weed infestation cycles are
broken.
Himalayan and rainforest soil stripping is much more related to the removal of
soil holding tree cover which then allows the often very thin layer of topsoil
to disappear off seawards.
John
John Tavender - JATavender at AOL.Com