genetically engineered crops

talberto at talberto at
Sun Sep 27 20:11:18 EST 1998

  I farm some 1600 acres total of row crop and others.	Genetics is a
powerful tool, but, I am aware of the experiment that was to increase the oil
content of soybeans.  There was a gene spliced in from a pecan tree that was
supposed to be fantastic,  until they found they had coded in a protein that
caused allergies in people that were allergic to pecans.  It was very close
to marketablity.  This is not a subject to take lightly.  I have no desire to
have deaths on my hand when it is unavoidable.	Better beware.	Sincerely ,