genetically engineered crops

Roger Whitehead rgw at office-futures.com
Mon Sep 28 15:18:31 EST 1998

In article <360F7BB8.5FC0C79D at uga.cc.uga.edu>, Wayne Parrott wrote:
> The target market was for chicken feed, not human consumption.

And, of course, chickens have no connection with the human food chain.

I'm afraid we in Britain have become more than a little sensitised to the
"It's alright, the system works and we scientists have everything under
control" type of utterance. Rightly or no, fairly or no, we are now deeply
suspicious of any such pronouncements. Our 'take home message' has been
rendered fragments of mad cows entering, and continuing to linger, in our
daily diet and in the diet of things we eat.

Regards,

Roger

Roger Whitehead,
14 Amy Road, Oxted, Surrey RH8 0PX, England
(Tel +44 (0)1883 713074; fax +44 (0)1883 716793)