help: need proper name of

Bob Kirk reikirk at ksu.edu
Mon Sep 28 21:46:41 EST 1998

>I need the proper name of the desert rose plant so that I may find info on how
>to best take care of it.  Thank yo in advance for any and all help !! : )))))

   For all I know it may have been through ten name changes since then,
but you'll probably find it referenced under Adenium obesum. Other than
usual succulent-culture warnings about drainage & watering I don't know
that it's too hard to grow - but it's the *only* plant I've ever found
that as a potted specimen actually *won't* (all the warnings in catalogs
and books notwithstanding) tolerate temperatures below 50F.