sex of plants

Dummy moron at idiot.com
Wed Sep 30 10:33:28 EST 1998

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998 15:21:08 GMT, anthea at blacksky.demon.co.uk (Anthea)
wrote:

>hi, i am not an expert in matters plant related. I have been told that
>plants can be female. This contradicts what i was told at school, can
>somebody please tell me if plants can have a sex.
A given plant, depending on the species, may produce male flowers,
female flowers, or, most commonly, flowers with both male and female
reproductive systems.

To complicate matters even more, those plants which produce unisexual
flowers may produce them either on the same plant, or on separate
plants, again depending upon the species.