dying flytrap plant?

Scott Mcphee hyphae at email.msn.com
Wed Dec 29 14:51:54 EST 1999

Your flytrap may also just be going winter dormant, which it requires to
survive. It will grow well outiside in many areas that do not freeze hard.
People that live in places that do not provide a cool drier winter rest are
known to place the plants into the refrigerator for a couple months. During
dormancy, the large leaves disapear die back and only a small rosette will
be visible.

By all means, do not feed it hamburger. It does not only eat flies, other
bugs you find around will suit it very fine.

Here is a link to a good article on growing the VFT:

http://www.californiacarnivores.com/savage.htm

Regards,

Scott