GBA & IAA confusion

Jay Mann mannj at caverock.co.nz
Thu Feb 11 19:05:20 EST 1999

I'm quite certain that IAA is unstable even to light, much less to heating.
Since tobacco
is quite sensitive to auxin herbicides, it should show at least epinasty to
IAA.  Why didn't you
use, for instance, NAA?  It's the indole moiety that is unstable.

I don't have any feel for GA stability.  Why not sterilise by
ultrafiltration?  You can buy
ready-made filters that clip on the end of a Luer-lock hypodermic syringe.

Jay Mann
Christchurch, NZ